We are now accepting submissions for the 2014 spring edition of Cargoes. All written submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12th, 2013. All visual art should be submitted by the end of January. We accept fiction (up to 8 pages,) poetry, essays, plays, and visual art.
– In the subject of the e-mail, please include your name and “Cargoes spring submissions.) Ex. “John Doe 2014 Cargoes spring submissions.
– Must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
– You must use Times New Roman 12pt font.
– You may submit to more than one genre if desired.
– Your name may or may not be included on your submission. Either way, it will be removed by the editors for a blind reading from our staff.
– Fiction submissions should be double-spaced.
– You may submit flash fiction, short stories, and excerpts of novels.
– Any fiction submission may be no more than eight pages long.
– Poetry submissions may be double or single spaced.
– You may submit up to five pieces of poetry.
– Poems can be any length or style.
– Essay submissions should be double-spaced.
– They must be no longer than eight pages.
– Submit the full manuscript.
– Excerpt clearly which part you would like to have considered, unless the piece is under eight pages.
– Please e-mail your submission in the highest possible resolution you have available.
– If it is not of adequate resolution, we will not be able to judge your piece.